December 31, 2021

 Today marks the last day of 2021.

I have so many emotions about it right now.  I'm sad that the year is over, because much like last year I feel like because of COVID I missed so much, and at the same time, because of COVID I'm ready for a new start.  UGH

So, today I decided that I am going to celebrate in a bit of a different way then usual.  I am going to get off work at 3, run to Trader Joe's and pick up some champagne and a few things for a Charcuterie board, then run to Fred Meyer and pick up some wine, sparkling cider, 2 steaks and noise makers.  Once I get home I will spend the next hour or so cleaning and then start prepping dinner. 

Dinner Menu:

Steak Bites

Shrimp Scampi

Clam Chowder

Garden Salad

Garlic Bread

Grandmas Baked Egg Custard

FRIENDS!!!

This is my dream dinner menu to bring in the new year.  All of my favorite things in one place, it's going to be absolute heaven.  It's going to be just our family. but that's just fine.  It will be a great good time and I am thrilled that we can do it all together. 

I plan to pull out the board games and decks of cards and possibly start a fire. It will be quiet, no clanking of champagne flutes at midnight, but we will celebrate with noise makers outside and it will be good.  I plan to cast onto a new pair of socks this evening after dinner and see how far I get before either the ball drops or I fall asleep.  

It's not the most extravagant New Years Eve plans, but they are ours, and for us they are perfect.

I wish everyone a safe fun filled evening, and cheers to a very happy new year!

-Sarah 



Comments

Popular Posts