The Beginning of a Wonderful Weekend

Saturdays here are typically spent out in our community - or in the little communities we are a part of, and this Saturday was no different.

We enjoyed a lunchtime birthday party filled with Soccer, Trips to the most incredible Tree House I have ever seen - equipped with working windows and bunk beds that fold down from the wall.  You walked across a bridge to get to it and it felt like it was something straight out of the book Bridge to Terabithia.  To say it was impressive would be an understatement.  My child self would have stayed in it for hours, imagining a world that didn't exist, full of magic and creatures.

That same afternoon, I finally made it to my knit night group. This time, due to Hoopfest, only 3 of us were able to meet up, but that was just fine.  The sheer fact that I was able to enjoy my friends company while we all knit on our projects was amazing.  I always realize how much I miss it each time that I get the chance to go - I have big plans to make it happen again before the month is over.  Ive thought about opening my home up to a knit night, but I'm not sire I have enough space for it yet - but soon I plan to make that happen.

I brought 2 projects to work on, my Guthrie Sweater by Caitlin Hunter

 and a pair of Vanilla socks that are a combination of about 5 different patterns, just in case the conversations became more important to concentrate on then the knitting.

I have been loving my sweater knits.  Right now I have 3 on the needles and planning 4 more - which is completely insane to think about because honestly it doesn't feel like it's that crazy....  anyway.  What did you do this week that involved being with community.  Did you go out with a group of friends or did you host a gathering at your own home?  I would love to know how you choose to spend time with your community.

Until next time,
XO,
S.

Comments

Popular Posts