January 3, 2019
I honestly can’t believe that I’m about to do this. Actually, this is exactly the kind of thing 20 year old Sarah would have done. Why did I ever stop being her?
This year I decided that I’m digging deep down and finding her again. The girl who used to dance, go hiking and camping, sung songs by a campfire, went out with friends, didn’t drink nearly as much....
I decided to write out a bucket list for the next 12 months. 12 things I want to incorporate into my life - and were gonna take baby steps. So here we go -
- Start a dance class. Any dance class.. and go once a week.
- Take a hike. Get outside and just go. Pack a lunch, turn off the phone, grab the new Cannon and head up to the mountain for the day.
- Go camping - for just a weekend - pack as little as possible and just go enjoy
- Take a road trip - and don’t have a plan
- Go to a concert
- Take the kids fishing
- Stop drinking that nightly glass of wine. I don’t need it. Drink more tea, Sarah
- Start a yoga class - wanna join me?
- Start spinning at the Union - this time i will actually go back - even though I swear Sharee tried to kill me (she really didn’t - I was just that out of shape)
- Read more - in fact read every night - and start a book club again
- Have a girlfriends night out once a month - but not the kind that everyone expects. The one where we meet up and knit or have coffee - and have no plan of when I need to be home
- Start a journal. Write in it daily - even if its just on here. Screw it - it will probably be just on here.
So there you have it - my 12. Boy that’s a pretty list too. Why have I waited so long to do this?
Because, honestly I don't know why. I don’t know why I allowed myself to slowly slip away.
Monday I signed up for an adult beginning ballet class. I ordered my shoes, tights, leo - a giant headband to keep my short hair off my face... and I start on Monday January 7th. Right after work - from 5:30 - 6:30 and guys, I am beyond excited!!
If I’m being honest with you (and myself), I am scared and nervous and thrilled and excited all in one. It’s like the first day of school all over again and you know no one. Not a single person. And they are 19-75 years old (no really they are - the oldest person in my class is 75 - I wanna be her when I grow up, I already know it)
My body doesn’t move the way it used to. Not even a little bit. I'm pretty confident I cant even touch my toes , I take that back, I KNOW I can’t touch my toes- and chances are, when I walk into that studio all the insecurities are gonna come flooding in. But if I wait my whole life to do something just because I am a little bit insecure - I will stay right where I am and continue to wish I did things differently.
So, here’s to a new year. A year full of fun and adventure and experiences. Maybe you’ll join me. That would be pretty cool.
Catch y’all tomorrow.
Oops, one more thing.
13. Hit publish.... I’ll work on that one